Applying for a Kyle Public Library Card
All applications for library cards are processed at the circulation desk of the library. Kyle Public Library cards are free to any resident of the state of Texas.
Proof of Identity
Proof of Identity
1. All patrons applying for a card are required to show a current photo ID such as:
- a driver's license or passport or green card or
- permanent residence registration card or military I.D. or
- School-issued student I.D. (if under 18, must have a parent present. Parent and child sign the application (if child is able to sign) or
employee identification card
And one of the following:
- current utility bill or
- current tax bill or
- current rent receipt or
- mail postmarked within the last 30 days, or
- imprinted check or deposit slip.
2. Your current address must be listed on one of these forms of identification.
3. Please let us know of any changes to name, address, email or phone numbers.
4. Children must be with a parent or legal guardian to apply for a card.
5. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for any fine, fees or overdue items for minor children.
6. The initial card is free. There is a $2.10 replacement fee for a Kyle Public Library card. Please be sure to report lost or stolen library cards as you may be held responsible for fines and fees of materials checked out on the card. You may call the Kyle Public Library at 512-268-7411 and your card will be deactivated.
7. Library cards expire every two years. A current ID with current address will be required at that time to verify and update your card.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________ Library Services
A library card at the Kyle Public Library entitles you to the following benefits:
- Free use of the public computers
- Checking out library materials such as books, audio books, magazines, DVDs, and VHS tapes
- Access to the library's digital materials through Overdrive.
- Access to the Gale and TexShare Databases which have online resources for: Genealogy, Business, Health, Homework, and many other resources. We will provide you with a logon to the TexShare Site.
- Online access to your library account where you may view items checked out, renew materials, place items on reserves, and check for any outstanding fines.
- Receive Kyle Public Library monthly newsletter via email
- Courtesy reminder notices via email and phone
- If you have a mobile phone, you may elect to received text messages when items are due. You will also received a message for available reserve items.
- Interlibrary Loans
Top of Page