All applications for library cards are processed at the circulation desk of the library. Kyle Public Library cards are free to any resident of the state of Texas.
1. All patrons applying for a card are required to show a current photo ID such as:
employee identification card
And one of the following:
2. Your current address must be listed on one of these forms of identification.
3. Please let us know of any changes to name, address, email or phone numbers.
4. Children must be with a parent or legal guardian to apply for a card.
5. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for any fine, fees or overdue items for minor children.
6. The initial card is free. There is a $2.10 replacement fee for a Kyle Public Library card. Please be sure to report lost or stolen library cards as you may be held responsible for fines and fees of materials checked out on the card. You may call the Kyle Public Library at 512-268-7411 and your card will be deactivated.
7. Library cards expire every two years. A current ID with current address will be required at that time to verify and update your card.
A library card at the Kyle Public Library entitles you to the following benefits:
If you've lost your library card you may request a replacement card at the library. You will need to show a photo ID when you make the request. There is a charge of $2.00 for a replacement card. Please note that the library accepts only cash or checks for payments.
If you have any questions, you may call us at 512-268-7411 or send an email tocirculation [at] cityofkyle [dot] com