News & Information
News & Information
Kyle City Council must adopt an operating budget each fiscal year, which runs October 1 through September 30.
The budget files for FY 2016-2017 are below.
The City of Kyle was contacted recently by the Texas Department of Transportation about whether or not it would support a roundabout on FM 1626 at the intersection of Dorman Rd., near an entrance to the Plum Creek neighborhood.
The Kyle e-Newsletter is sent each Friday and contains pertinent information about events and happenings in the City of Kyle.
Helping to keep Kyle clean and looking great is the goal of the new Kyle Adopt-a-Street program.
What is Kyle Adopt-a-Street?
The City of Kyle is hiring. We have seasonal, full-time and part-time opportunities. And with a growing city, more positions will likely become available in the near future.
How Do I?
How Do I?Search:WebsiteCity Council MeetingsAll MeetingsProjectsDepartmentsMunicipal Code
How Do I...?
How Do I...?
Meetings / Events
Meetings / Events
- Kyle City Council Special Meeting - 08/24/2016 - 7:00pm
- Parks and Recreation Board - 08/29/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle City Council Special Meeting - 08/31/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 09/06/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle Public Library Board Meeting - 09/08/2016 - 6:30pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 09/20/2016 - 7:00pm
- ***CANCELLED*** Kyle City Council Meeting - 10/04/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle Public Library Board Meeting - 10/13/2016 - 6:30pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 10/18/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 11/01/2016 - 7:00pm
- Video Game Club - 08/25/2016 - 4:30pm
- Sensory Fun - 08/29/2016 - 10:30am
- Preschool Express Storytime - 08/31/2016 - 10:30am
- Baby Lapsit (0 to 18 mos.) - 09/01/2016 - 10:00am
- Toddler Time (18 to 36 mos.) - 09/01/2016 - 11:00am
- Lego Club - 09/01/2016 - 4:30pm
- ¡Los Cuentos! (Bilingual Storytime) - 09/02/2016 - 10:30am
- Magic: The Gathering Club - 09/03/2016 - 1:00pm
- Library Closed: Labor Day - 09/05/2016 (All day)
- Pajama Storytime - 09/06/2016 - 7:00pm
Recreation / Library / Social
Recreation / Library / Social
So, you want to know a little more about Kyle, Texas? That’s why you clicked here! We can’t say we blame you — it’s a very cool town.
Kyle was founded in 1880. The town was named after Fergus Kyle, the son of Claiborne Kyle who moved here from Tennessee. Under the famed Auction Oak Tree, plats of land were auctioned off to several hundred folks who became the town’s first citizens.
My, how we’ve grown! In 2016, Kyle was the second largest city in Hays County with a population of 36,800. Population estimates put Kyle at 55,000 by 2030.
With easy access to locales north and south, Kyle is a major city on the I-35 corridor in Central Texas. It’s home to Seton Medical Center Hays, Hays CISD administrative offices, Austin Community College Hays, several medical facilities, and H-E-B Plus, major retailers, numerous restaurants and many homegrown businesses.
Here are some cool Kyle tidbits:
- Kyle got its first stoplight in 2007.
- Kyle is 30.4 square miles, with 185.5 miles of roadway and more than 600 acres of beautiful park land.
- Kyle is a Home Rule city. Residents elect the mayor and city council, but a city manager, Scott Sellers, runs the city’s day-to-day operations. He does so with a $79 million operating budget.
- Our Parks and Recreation department offers community events including Market Days, Founders Parade, Santa’s Arrival and Tree Lighting, Polar Bear Splash, Easter Eggstravaganza, and our annual July 4th Fireworks.
- Signature special events include Kyle Field Day, Kyle Hogwash and Hops & Jalapenos.
- Kyle is now home to the Central Texas Lobos, a semi-professional soccer team.
- Kyle is also a good place for business. The city houses many businesses and with an educated population, there’s plenty of room for growth.
Databases are available for library patrons and can be access with a library card number and phone number. If you have misplaced your card or are having trouble logging in, please contact the library at 512-268-7411 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't have a card? Apply for a library card today.
|Biography in Context offers authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and images. Covering a vast array of people from historically significant figures to present-day newsmakers, it’s continuously updated to ensure that students have access to the very latest information.|
|It’s the first online resource that empowers people to not only study international business, but also to interpret their research. Deep intelligence powered by statistical data helps users spend less time searching for data – and more time connecting their discoveries to practical applications.|
|ChiltonLibrary.com represents the most authoritative automotive repair information available to car owners. There are thousands of year, make and model combinations covering the most popular vehicles of the past 30 years, plus additional coverage of specialty models. ChiltonLibrary.com gives you the confidence to service or repair virtually any system on your vehicle.|
|Provides a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. Includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. Also included is a comprehensive attorney state directory and a dictionary of legal definitions explained in laymen's language.|
|Opposing Viewpoints in Context is the premier online resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration, to violent video games. This cross-curricular research tool supports science, social studies, current events, and language arts classes. Its informed, differing views present each side of an issue and help students develop information literacy, critical thinking skills, and the confidence to draw their own valid conclusions.|
||Whether you want to learn a language for travel, business, or personal enrichment, Powerspeak Languages is a breakthrough in online language learning. The highly engaging courses utilize an arsenal of progressive language learning methods. Powerspeak Languages is an entertaining and effective way to learn a new language.|
|Science in Context is an engaging online resource providing contextual information on hundreds of today's most significant science topics. By integrating authoritative, curriculum-aligned reference content with headlines and videos, Science in Context draws students into the subject matter, showing how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues, from weather patterns to obesity.|
LIBRARY OF TEXAS: Exclusive online resources for: Genealogy, Business, Health, Homework, EBSCO,Hobbies and Crafts, Home Improvement, Small Engine Repair, Jobs and Career. You will find additional information about TexShare on our TexShare Databases Web Page.
|Aligned to state and national curriculum standards, U.S. History in Context provides a complete overview of our nation’s past that covers the most-studied events, decades, conflicts, wars, political and cultural movements, and people. Comprehensive, contextual, media-rich information is provided on topics ranging from the arrival of Vikings in North America, to the stirrings of the revolution, through to the Civil Rights movement, 9/11, and the War on Terror. An always-intuitive experience supports the development of critical thinking and information literacy skills.|
Aligned to state and national curriculum standards, World History in Context provides an overview of world history that covers the most-studied events, periods, cultures, civilizations, religions, conflicts, wars, ideologies, cultural movements, and people.
World History in Context reaches back to the ancient world – and forward to today’s headlines – to deliver a chronicle of the great cultures and societies that have formed the history of the human race. Rare primary sources, reliable reference and multimedia content put this vast topic into context for students.