Reserving Items via Phone or Email
You may reserve items by giving us a calling the library, reserving items online, or sending an email to circulation [at] cityofkyle [dot] com
If you send an email, please include your account number, the title of the book, and, if possible, the author's name. We will contact you after we've processed your request.
Reserving Items On-Line
Please note: When available items online are reserved, please wait to be contacted by Kyle Public Library prior to picking items up.
Follow these steps to place items on reserve. A library card and PIN is needed:
- Go to the library's online catalog
- Select "Log On" on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter library card number in the "Username or Barcode " field.
- Enter phone number or PIN
- Use the catalog search field to locate item(s) to reserve
- Select an item by clicking on the items title
- Select "Reserve" on the right hand side of the screen and select "OK" on the confirmation page. You will receive a call, text and/or email when the item has been returned.
- If the item or items are in, the library staff will pull the items and place them on the reserve shelf. Once contacted, items can be picked up for up to one week. Please allow up to 48 hours for items to be pulled.
We hold reserve items at the front desk for one week.