Reserving Items via Phone or Email
You may reserve items by giving us a call at 512-268-7411 or sending an email to: circulation [at] cityofkyle [dot] com
If you send an email, please include your account number, the title of the book, and, if possible, the author's name. We will contact you after we've processed your request.
Reserving Items On-Line
Please note: When you reserve items on-line that are available, please wait until you've been contacted by us and told that the items are available for pick up.
You may follow these steps to place items on reserve:
Click on the " On-Line Catalog" menu entry on the left side of the screen.
•Select "Log On" on the right hand side of the screen.
•Enter your library card number in the "Patron User Name or Barcode " field.
•Enter your pin or password in the "Patron PIN" field
- Search for the item to be placed on reserve
- Click on the title of the item to be reserved.
- Select "Reserve" on the right hand side of the screen.
- Select "Reserve" and select "OK" on the confirmation page. The item is reserved for you. If the item is out, the due date for the item is displayed. You will receive a call, text (If you've signed up), and or email when the item has been returned.
- If the item or items are in, we will pull the items and place them on the reserve shelf, and you will be contacted. After being contacted, you may pick them up at your earliest convenience!
We hold reserve items at the front desk for one week.