Hooked On Fishing Fall Fishing Tournament
This fishing tournament is open to all adults (18 AND OLDER) with a valid Texas Freshwater Fishing License.
What Are We Fishing For
This unique tournament will test your strategic ability to catch the three species of fish in Lake Kyle: Large-Mouth Bass, Perch and Catfish.
What Does My Registration Fee Get Me
The Grand Prize is really Grand: A 2-night stay in Rockport* and a guided fishing trip!**
Plus trophies and Door Prize chances. Also - a couple of jackpots - so bring some extra cash to the event.
100% of the proceeds from this tournament go to the Kid's Fishing Clinic & Derby.
How Much, How Many & Deadlines
$25 Registration with payment thru 5pm, March 27, 2014.
$30 Registration with payment after 5pm, March 27, 2014 or on-site. Must be cash and subject to available spaces.
Room for 150 participants in this tournament. No refunds after 4pm, March 28, 2014.
Saturday - March 29, 2014
7:00am - 7:24am - Event Tent: Check in, Late registration, show your Fishing License/pick up weight card & Purchase Jackpot chances
7:24am - (Sunrise) Amphitheater: Introduction, rules, welcome remarks and tournament "shotgun" start. Anyone not attending meeting or leaving amphitheater before the "start" will be disqualified.
11:00 - Tournament Ends. Scores Tallied and Awards Handed Out at the amphitheater at the conclusion of event. You should be home by 12 noon
Fishing Format & Rules:
· Participants will be issued a wristband and only those with wristbands will be permitted to fish in the lake during this tournament. When the horn sounds for all to start fishing, we start fishing.
· When a fish has been caught, participant must bring the live fish to the nearest tournament official. The official will record the fish species, record the time the first fish is caught and the points for the catch.
Points will be awarded for Species:
· Large-Mouth Bass - The weight will be “rounded up” to the next full pound. Each rounded up pound equals 2 points. (Example - a fish weighing in at 1 pound 3 ounces is rounded up to next pound, 2 pounds, and that fish receives 4 points. Another fish weighs in at 4 pounds 0 ounces, that fish receives 8 points) “Double Points”
· Catfish (any subspecies) - each fish receives one (1) point
· Perch/Sunfish (any subspecies) - each fish receives half of one (1/2) point
· The time the first fish was caught will be the tie breaker - the first one weighed will be the head-to-head tie breaker. All other ties will be coin flip.
· One Pole per person at a time, all fishing in Lake Kyle is from the bank only. No nets or stringers permitted.
· All battery and fuel-powered vehicles shall remain at designated parking area.
All participants will be placed in one of four flights for competition: Males and Females; 18 years old - 44 years old and 45 and over.
Grand Prize: Person with the most points overall, will receive a two-night stay in Rockport* and a guided fishing trip.**
Flight Champion Trophy: Person with the most points in each of the four Flights wins Champion trophy.
Flight Runner-Up and 3rd Place Trophies: Each Flight will have trophies to 3rd place.
Bring cash to the check-in. Half of all the money goes toward the Kid's Fishing Clinic & Derby, other half back to Jackpots.
· Largest Bass Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Largest bass wins 60% of Jackpot, Second wins 30% of Jackpot & Third wins 10% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first bass caught of the day.
· Largest Catfish Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Largest catfish wins 60% of Jackpot, Second wins 30% of Jackpot & Third wins 10% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first catfish caught of the day.
· Most Perch Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Most perch wins 60% of Jackpot, Second wins 30% of Jackpot & Third wins 10% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first perch caught of the day.
· 50-50 Jackpot - $1/each or 6 for $5 - Drawing will be for 10% of Jackpot, 30% of Jackpot and 60% of Jackpot.
Based on Sponsors and Donations, all paid participants will be entered into door prize chances.
*2 Night Stay in Rockport awarded with at least 40 paid registrations or Title Sponsorship
**2 Night Stay & Guided Fishing Trip awarded with at least 70 paid registrations or Title Sponsorship
Sunday, March 30, 2014 - Same times
Registration for the Fishing Tournament must be completed online or through the PARD office at (512)262-3939
Click here to view Previous Winners & Lake Kyle Records