Lake Kyle and the park, are now operating under
Monday - Friday: 8:00a - 5:00p
Office Extended Hours: Please call to confirm (based on available staff)
- Sunday - Wednesday: 7a - 6p
- Thursday - Saturday: 7a - Sunset
June 2, 2014 - September 2, 2014:
Open 7 days a week at 7am,
Closes Sunday - Wednesday at 6pm,
Closes Thursday - Saturday at Sunset,
Open all city holidays
Park will also be closed all bad weather days ... such as raining, wet and windy weather.
Lake Kyle is a managed conservation preserve and was acquired and developed with grant funding to preserve open space, water quality and natural habitat. Think of it as a city building with a conservation preserve attached to it. Because of this, the park is open during posted schedules, has specific park rules to preserve the natural resources and ensure the park for future generations.
The Kyle Parks and Recreation Department maintains and operates Lake Kyle. The Kyle PARD Administrative Offices are located at Lake Kyle (700 Lehman Rd). The park will open to the public when the gate is open.
The park is closed when the gate is closed.
The park may be closed to the public during special events and activities, holidays and certain weather/grounds conditions and are subject to change from the posted hours, so please call (512-262-3939) for current hours of operation. Because the park is located in a flood zone, the park may be closed during Flash Flood and Severe Thunderstorm Alerts.
There are three (3) sections of Lake Kyle Park Complex that may be open or closed to the public:
- The "Lake" is the actual body of water and includes fishing and any activities associated with the water;
- The "Park" is the non-water areas and include the restrooms, trails, pavilion, picnic, play ground, horseshoes & washers and all activities associated with the park;
- The "Headquarters" is the Kyle Parks and Recreation Offices.
Remember - Please help us preserve the natural habitat for future generations to enjoy. Trash cans are placed around the park, please deposit trash in cans or "Pack It In & Pack It Out".
To view the current posted schedule for Lake Kyle and hours open to the public, please open the month in the "Supporting Documents" section below.
Now selling live worms and catfish bait during office hours
Seasonal Schedule* -
- Winter Hours*:
- November 2, 2014 - March 13, 2015 - Open Monday through Wednesday from 7:30am - 5:30pm, Thursday - Saturday till Sunset and closed Sundays and all city holidays.
- Park is closed:
- November 10, 2014 (Veterans Day),
- November 227, 2014 (Thanksgiving Day),
- December 24 & 25, 2014 (Christmas Eve & Day),
- January 1, 2015 (New Years Day), January 19, 2015 (MLK Day) and
- February 16, 2015 (President's Day).
- Park will also be closed all bad weather days ... such as cold, wet and windy weather.
- Spring Hours*:
- March 14, 2015 - May 30, 2015 - Open Monday through Wednesday from 8am - 5pm and Thursday - Saturday from 8am - Sunset, closed Sundays and most city holidays.
- Spring Break Special Hours
- Thursday, March 12, 2015 thru Sunday, March 22, 2015 - open 8am - 7:30pm;
- Friday, March 20, 2015 - open 8am - 10pm
- The Park is closed till 12 noon on Saturday, March 28, 2015, while we hold the Spring Fishing Tournament.
- The Park closes at 3pm on Friday, April 24 for the Lake Kyle Jubilee. The Lake Kyle Jubilee will be from 5p-11p.
- Memorial Day Weekend Special Hours:
- Sunday, May 24 - open from 8am - Sunset
- Monday, May 25 - open from 8am - Sunset
- Summer Hours*:
- June 2, 2014 - September 2, 2014:
- Open 7 days a week at 7am,
- Closes Sunday - Wednesday at 6pm,
- Closes Thursday - Saturday at Sunset,
- Open all city holidays
- June 2, 2014 - September 2, 2014:
- Fall Hours* (September 3, 2014 - November 1, 2014) - Open Monday through Wednesday from 8am - 5pm and Thursday through Saturday from 8am - Sunset, closed Sundays and most city holidays. Park is closed:
- October 13, 2014 (Columbus Day Holiday)
*exact dates of each month may vary. Please open attachments below to confirm posted hours for each date of the month. The Administrative Office may be open beyond the Monday - Friday, 8a-5p schedule and will posted on the calendars below. On days that the park is open after 5pm, and with less than 30 minutes to closing time, the park may close early.
Extending Hours - Volunteers are needed to help extend the hours of Lake Kyle. If you would like to volunteer and help extend the hours the park is open to the public, click here to find out about volunteer opportunities.