The City of Kyle's Stage 2 Drought Management Measures are now in effect. These restrictions now include mandatory twice per week watering and restrictions on car washing and other outside uses of water.
Stage 2 Drought Management – Summary As outlined in ordinance 569, Section 5.
Customers may water (irrigate):
- By handheld hose, or handheld bucket at any time during the day or night.
- By a hose and sprinkler, a soaker hose or drip irrigation from 8pm to 10 am on their designated outdoor water use day.
- By permanently installed automatic irrigation system from 12 Midnight to 10 am on their designated outdoor water use day.
Washing automobiles, trucks, trailers, boats, or other vehicle or mobile equipment:
- Only on customer’s designated water use day.
- Only from 12 midnight to 10 am and again from 7 pm to 12 midnight on designated day(s).
- Washing must be done with a handheld bucket or handheld hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle.
Items and actions, which are prohibited during this stage of drought management:
- Using automatic fill valve to add water to an outdoor swimming or wading pool or pond.
- Charity car washes.
- Washing sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, streets, patios or other paved areas, except to alleviate an immediate health or safety hazard.
At all times our drought management plan requires customers to repair broken lines, watering fixtures, and to insure that irrigation systems are operated in a manner which reduces waste.
Run-off from the property line to a distance of 50 feet or more is always prohibited. Allowing water to pond in a street or parking lot to a depth in excess of 0.25” is always prohibited. Watering or irrigating landscape between the hours of 10 am and 8 pm is always prohibited. Complete ordinance is available on the city website, public works department.
|Residential Odd-Numbered Addresses: Wednesday and / or Saturday||Residential Even-Numbered Addresses: Thursday and / or Sunday||Commercial & Multi-Family: Tuesday and / or Friday|