There are two scheduled public meetings this week regarding road improvement projects funded by the road bonds.
- November 19th: Lehman & Bunton Creek Road.
- November 20th: North Burleson Street.
All public meetings begin at 6:30 and are held at the the City of Kyle’s Public’s Work Department, located at 520 E. RR 150.
City staff are updating the city council on the status of each of the roads included in the Road Improvement Bond Package that was approved by voters in the May, 1013, general election. The presentations include information from the engineering companies working on each road and options to keep the roads on budget. A summary of the council directions to staff are included below:
Goforth (presentation attached below)
- If bonding language permits, staff is to proceed with developing a supplement to the contract for engineering, ROW services and acquisition for the Goforth extension to Kyle Parkway in preparation as an alternate.
- Bonding language permitting, staff was authorized to proceed with developing a supplement to existing contract for ROW surveying and acquisition services needed for original Goforth limits from IH 35 east frontage road to Bunton.
Burleson (presentation attached below)
- The city council selected a two-lane reconstruction from Miller to Lockhart, the roadway will be widened to three lanes from Lockhart to the new Marketplace extension with sidewalk gaps completed on west side of roadway, and a three lane new location construction extension to IH 35 southbound frontage road.
- Bonding language permitting, staff was authorized to proceed with developing a supplement to existing contract for ROW surveying and acquisition services needed for Burleson.
Lehman (presentation attached below)
- Council selected alternative referenced as "3" which reconstructs the existing roadway and widens Lehman to 3 lanes from RR 150 to end of the shopping center, leaves 2 lanes in place for the Plum Creek drainage areas, provides for left turn lanes into subdivisions, and 4 lanes by Lehman High School to the Bunton Creek Road Intersection.
- Bonding language permitting, staff was authorized to proceed with developing a supplement to existing contract for ROW parcel mapping and acquisition documentation services needed for project development.