The Crime Victim Services position created in January 2013, is dedicated to positively impact the quality of life for the citizens of Kyle by assisting victims, survivors, families, neighborhoods, and businesses experiencing crime or trauma.
• Primary Mission and Purpose- is to assist in developing and strengthening effective law enforcement, prosecution, and court strategies to combat family violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking crimes against women , and to develop and strengthen victim services in such cases.
• Victim services is structured to meet the needs of the Kyle Police Department and the community. There are two major components to the services that are offered by the Crime Victim Services Coordinator. Crisis (on-scene) Response, and Investigative Support and Follow-Up.
◦ Crisis Response (on-scene): provides mental health and practical intervention as close to the time of the event as possible. This intervention may include crisis counseling and stabilization, justice support, personal advocacy, emergency placement in shelters or protective services, and information and referrals to other helpful service providers.
◦ Investigative Support and Follow-Up: Working in conjunction with Kyle Police Departments Criminal Investigations Division detectives, the victim services coordinator will provide investigative support and follow-up to victims and witnesses of family violence, sex crimes, child abuse, homicides, missing persons, traffic fatalities, and aggravated assaults.
• Victim Services Coordinators activities include: assisting victims put their victimization in a pro-healing context, crisis counseling, information and referrals (in person and by telephone), justice support and advocacy, personal advocacy, visits (to the home, school, and hospitals), assistance with Crime Victims Compensation, Protective Order applications, court accompaniment, and community debriefings.
How do you Contact Kyle Police Dept. Victim Services:
The Crime Victim Services Coordinator is available to assist victims, their families, and their neighborhoods. It is your right as a victim to request and receive these services. If emergency assistance is not needed, you may call 512-268-3232 for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For emergencies, please call 9-1-1
• 111 N. Front St., Kyle TX 78640
• Monday-Thursday: 7:00am-6:00pm
• Email: sdean [at] cityofkyle [dot] com
• National Sexual Assault Hotline- 1-800-656-4673
• National Domestic Violence Hotline- 1-800-799-7233/TDD 1-800-787-3224
• Teen Dating Abuse Hotline- 1-866-331-9473
• Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center -24 hour hotline- 512-396-4357 http://www.hcwc.org/
• Attorney General of Texas- Crime Victim Services Division- https://www.oag.state.tx.us/
• Texas Council on Family Violence- http://www.tcfv.org/