Summer fun is officially over on Monday, August 26th , as area schools begin classes. This time is usually busy and hectic as families transition into their routines for school. Please remember to take time to be safe and not let back to school excitement turn into an accident.
Kyle police will have a heavy presence around school zones and motorist should be aware of a few simple rules and laws that will make getting to school safer and less stressful for everyone.
- Allow extra time and expect delays as everyone is learning the new routines.
- Check ahead of time with the school to learn the traffic patterns for drop-offs and pickups.
- Remember that everyone in the car must be wearing a seat belt and children must be in a properly secured child seat.
- School zone speed limits will be strictly enforced.
- Hand held phone use is prohibited in school zones.
Following these rules and laws will make going back to school less stressful and accident free for everyone.