The Kyle Public Library’s Burdine and Jack Johnson meeting room facilities are designed to meet the library’s goal of providing for the informational, educational, recreational, and cultural needs of the community by providing a location for meetings. The meeting rooms are available on an equitable basis to groups requesting facility use.
The meeting room is free to reserve for two hours each month. Additional hours or meetings are subject to a $10 room use fee. Food can be served with payment of a $100 fee. Rooms cannot be reserved for events that charge admission
To reserve a meeting room, groups must:
- Fill out a meeting room contract, no sooner than 5 weeks in advance
- Turn contract into library and await confirmation via phone or e-mail
- Turn in any money owed within 36 hours of booking the room (fees are refundable with a 24 hour cancellation and original payment receipt)
General Room Guidelines
- The public may only use the meeting rooms during hours the library is open. All meetings must end 15 minutes before closing and cleared of all belongings. Hours of availability are:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10:00 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 7:45 p.m. Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Sunday
- Groups using the meeting rooms will be responsible for their own set-up and will be required to return the room to the condition in which they found it. The library does not provide equipment such as projectors, laptops, etc.
- Meeting rooms may not be reserved for social gatherings such as showers, birthday parties, family reunions, etc. or for commercial purposes. A “commercial purpose” is defined as a use intended to produce profit for any individual, association, corporation, or company.
- There may not be any admission charged or sales solicited. The exception to this policy will be events raising money for the City of Kyle or to benefit the Kyle Public Library.
- The meeting rooms may not be used for any activity which would be likely to cause an unreasonable amount of wear and tear on library facilities or which would be likely to disrupt the normal activities of the library. Charges will be assessed for damages or if extra cleanup is required.
Groups interested in using the library meeting rooms must visit the library and fill out the form or fill out the form attached to this page. The agreement needs to be completed, signed, and turned in at the circulation desk before a room is reserved. Please note that the rooms available for meetings are: Community Room A and Community Room B with a capacity each of approximately 50 people. You will be contacted concerning the status of your request. Please see additional documents on the contract and policy for more information.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 512-268-7411, send an email to: circulation [at] cityofkyle [dot] com, or just drop by the library to speak with a friendly staff member.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow