The City of Kyle in partnership with Monarch Utilities is offering a water conservation rebate program designed to encourage water customers to make changes to the homes that reduces the home’s water consumption and in-turn, save the resident and the city money.
The rebates are being offered for a variety of options for City of Kyle residents, whose water service is provided by Monarch Utilities. The rebates range from $5 for adding aerators to indoor faucets, to $35 for replacing an existing regular flow shower head with a low flow shower head.
In order to access the program’s rebates, customers will need to bring their receipts for the purchase of a qualifying item or items to the Utility Billing department at the Kyle City Hall and fill out a rebate application. City staff will review the application, and if approved, a check will be sent to the resident by Monarch.
The various rebates that are now available are listed below. All rebates are subject to funding availability and may be suspended when all allocated funding is exhausted.
Low Flow Rebates
• The City of Kyle will offer up to a $35 rebate per low-flow shower head, per household that is installed to replace a regular flow shower head.
• The City of Kyle will offer up to a $15 rebate per toilet, per household for installation of a Dual Flush Conversion Kit that allows the user a choice of a full flush for solids, or a 1⁄2 flush for liquids.
• The City of Kyle will offer up to a $10 rebate per toilet, per household for a toilet tank flapper repair kit.
• The City of Kyle will offer up to a $5 rebate per faucet, per household for faucet aerators added to faucets that did not previously have them.
• The City of Kyle will offer up to a $10 rebate, up to two per household, for a faucet mount sprinkler timer.