To Flush or Not to Flush - What causes sewer system backups?
The Public Works staff would like to take a few moments to remind all of our customers that the following items can have serious and detrimental impacts on our waste water collection and treatment system.
Please do not flush the following items down the drain:
1. Fats, oil or grease from cooking.
2. Paper towels, baby wipes, napkins, shop towels or other types of disposable rags.
3. Diapers or any personal hygiene products.
4. Toxic or corrosive substances.
5. Garbage, plastic, grass, sand or pet litter.
6. Vitamins, medicines or other pharmaceuticals.
Please see attached flyer for more information about helping us maintain the wastewater system.