In 1880, the original platting of Kyle included 2 acres in the center of town known as "Town Center". When the Historic Kyle City Hall was built in the early 1900's, this area was designated as City Square Park. Today, park and open spaces in downtown now include the area and grounds around the Kyle Train Depot and City Hall.
The City Square Park includes a gazebo, benches and information marquee. Many community events take place on the City Square Park such as Santa's Arrival and Lion's Club Fajita Fiesta.
On May 3, 2011, the Kyle City Council approved the request to rename City Square Park to Mary Kyle Hartson Park.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow