News & Information
News & Information
Kyle City Council must adopt an operating budget each fiscal year, which runs October 1 through September 30.
The budget files for FY 2016-2017 are below.
The City of Kyle was contacted recently by the Texas Department of Transportation about whether or not it would support a roundabout on FM 1626 at the intersection of Dorman Rd., near an entrance to the Plum Creek neighborhood.
The Kyle e-Newsletter is sent each Friday and contains pertinent information about events and happenings in the City of Kyle.
Helping to keep Kyle clean and looking great is the goal of the new Kyle Adopt-a-Street program.
What is Kyle Adopt-a-Street?
The City of Kyle is hiring. We have seasonal, full-time and part-time opportunities. And with a growing city, more positions will likely become available in the near future.
How Do I?
How Do I?Search:WebsiteCity Council MeetingsAll MeetingsProjectsDepartmentsMunicipal Code
How Do I...?
How Do I...?
Meetings / Events
Meetings / Events
- Kyle Area Youth Advisory Council - Meeting - 08/31/2016 - 6:30pm
- Kyle City Council Special Meeting - 08/31/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 09/06/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle Public Library Board Meeting - 09/08/2016 - 6:30pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 09/20/2016 - 7:00pm
- Parks and Recreation Board - 09/26/2016 - 7:00pm
- ***CANCELLED*** Kyle City Council Meeting - 10/04/2016 - 7:00pm
- Kyle Public Library Board Meeting - 10/13/2016 - 6:30pm
- Kyle City Council Meeting - 10/18/2016 - 7:00pm
- Parks and Recreation Board - 10/31/2016 - 7:00pm
- Sensory Fun - 08/29/2016 - 10:30am
- Preschool Express Storytime - 08/31/2016 - 10:30am
- Baby Lapsit (0 to 18 mos.) - 09/01/2016 - 10:00am
- Toddler Time (18 to 36 mos.) - 09/01/2016 - 11:00am
- Lego Club - 09/01/2016 - 4:30pm
- ¡Los Cuentos! (Bilingual Storytime) - 09/02/2016 - 10:30am
- Magic: The Gathering Club - 09/03/2016 - 1:00pm
- Library Closed: Labor Day - 09/05/2016 (All day)
- Pajama Storytime - 09/06/2016 - 7:00pm
- Preschool Express Storytime - 09/07/2016 - 10:30am
Recreation / Library / Social
Recreation / Library / Social
So, you want to know a little more about Kyle, Texas? That’s why you clicked here! We can’t say we blame you — it’s a very cool town.
Kyle was founded in 1880. The town was named after Fergus Kyle, the son of Claiborne Kyle who moved here from Tennessee. Under the famed Auction Oak Tree, plats of land were auctioned off to several hundred folks who became the town’s first citizens.
My, how we’ve grown! In 2016, Kyle was the second largest city in Hays County with a population of 36,800. Population estimates put Kyle at 55,000 by 2030.
With easy access to locales north and south, Kyle is a major city on the I-35 corridor in Central Texas. It’s home to Seton Medical Center Hays, Hays CISD administrative offices, Austin Community College Hays, several medical facilities, and H-E-B Plus, major retailers, numerous restaurants and many homegrown businesses.
Here are some cool Kyle tidbits:
- Kyle got its first stoplight in 2007.
- Kyle is 30.4 square miles, with 185.5 miles of roadway and more than 600 acres of beautiful park land.
- Kyle is a Home Rule city. Residents elect the mayor and city council, but a city manager, Scott Sellers, runs the city’s day-to-day operations. He does so with a $79 million operating budget.
- Our Parks and Recreation department offers community events including Market Days, Founders Parade, Santa’s Arrival and Tree Lighting, Polar Bear Splash, Easter Eggstravaganza, and our annual July 4th Fireworks.
- Signature special events include Kyle Field Day, Kyle Hogwash and Hops & Jalapenos.
- Kyle is now home to the Central Texas Lobos, a semi-professional soccer team.
- Kyle is also a good place for business. The city houses many businesses and with an educated population, there’s plenty of room for growth.
Hooked On Fishing Spring Fishing Tournament
Saturday, April 2, 2016
This fishing tournament is open to all adults (18 AND OLDER) with a valid Texas Freshwater Fishing License.
What Are We Fishing For
This unique tournament will test your strategic ability to catch qualifying species of fish in Lake Kyle: Large-Mouth Bass, Sunfish/Perch and Channel Catfish.
What Does My Registration Fee Get Me
The Grand Prize is really Grand: A 3 day/2 Night stay in Rockport*
Plus trophies and Door Prize chances. Also - a couple of jackpots - so bring some extra cash to the event.
100% of the proceeds from this tournament go to the Kid's Fishing Clinic & Derby and Lake Kyle Development.
How Much, How Many & Deadlines
$25 Registration with payment thru 5pm, Thursday, March 31, 2016.
$30 Registration with payment after 5pm, Thursday, March 31, 2016 or on-site. Must be cash and subject to available spaces.
Room for 150 participants in this tournament. No refunds after 4pm, Friday, April 1, 2016.
Saturday - April 2, 2016
6:30am - 7:25am - Parking: Park entrance is "Special Event/Maintenance" gate across from Masonwood Dr. Park gate closed till 11am.
7:00am - 7:25am - Pavilion: Check in, Late registration, show your Fishing License/pick up weight card & Purchase Jackpot chances
7:25am - (Sunrise) Amphitheater: Introduction, rules, welcome remarks and tournament "shotgun" start. Anyone not attending meeting or leaving amphitheater before the "start" will be disqualified.
11:00 - Tournament Ends. Scores Tallied and Awards Handed Out at the amphitheater at the conclusion of event. You should be home by 12 noon
Fishing Format & Rules:
· Participants will be issued a wristband and only those with wristbands will be permitted to fish in the lake during this tournament. When the horn sounds for all to start fishing, we start fishing.
· When a qualifying fish has been caught, participant must bring the live fish to the nearest tournament official. The official will record the fish species, record the time the first fish is caught and the points for the catch.
. Points will be awarded for Qualifying Fish Species (Large-Mouth Bass, Sunfish/Perch & Channel Catfish):
- 0 points for any qualifying fish weighing less than 1 pound;
- 1 point for any qualifying fish weighing more than 1 pound but less than 2 pounds;
- 2 points for any qualifying fish weighing more than 2 pounds but less than 3 pounds;
- 3 points for any qualifying fish weighing more than 3 pounds but less than 4 pounds;
- 4 points for any qualifying fish weighing more than 4 pounds but less than 5 pounds;
- And so on - the pound on the scale is the number of points regardless of ounces (round down)
· The time the first qualifying fish weighing more than 1 pound was caught will be the tie breaker. All other ties will be coin flip.
· One Pole per person at a time, all fishing in Lake Kyle is from the bank only. No nets permitted.
· All battery and fuel-powered vehicles shall remain at designated parking area.
All participants will be placed in one of four flights for competition: Males and Females; 18 years old - 44 years old and 45 and over.
Grand Prize: Person with the most points overall, will receive a 3 day/2 night stay in Rockport*
Flight Champion Trophy: Person with the most points in each of the four Flights wins Champion trophy.
Flight Runner-Up and 3rd Place Trophies: Each Flight will have trophies to 3rd place.
Bring cash to the check-in. Half of all the money goes toward the Kid's Fishing Clinic & Derby, other half back to Jackpots.
· Largest Bass Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Largest bass wins 60% of Jackpot, Second largest wins 40% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first bass caught of the day.
· Largest Catfish Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Largest catfish wins 60% of Jackpot, Second largest wins 40% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first catfish caught of the day.
· 50-50 Jackpot - $1/each or 6 for $5 - Drawing will be for 10% of Jackpot, 30% of Jackpot and 60% of Jackpot.
Based on Sponsors and Donations, all paid participants will be entered into door prize chances.
*3 day/2 night stay in Rockport, Texas is in a one-bedroom condo steps away from the Aransas Bay.
How Do I Register?
Step 1: Registration for the Fishing Tournament must be completed online: 2016 On-Line Spring Fishing Tournament or through the PARD office at (512)262-3939
Step 2: Make your online payment: Payment Site (payment must be received to complete registration)
Sunday, April 3, 2016 - Same times
Click here to view Previous Winners & Lake Kyle Records