Kid’s Clinic & Derby -
Sponsored by Walton Development and Management
Saturday, June 4, 2016
8:30am - 11:00am
Lake Kyle - click for map
Registration will begin on Monday, April 4, 2016 and is open to the first 60 children that have not participated in this program previously. Click here for Registration form. Form can is also posted at bottom of this page under "Supporting Documents".
Instructional Fishing Clinic
- Open to child 6 years and older or entering 1st Grade.
- Registration for Fishing Clinic for first-time participants must be received in Kyle PARD Office until all 60 spaces are filled.
- Sessions led by certified instructors from Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
- Sessions set up into 5 stations -
* Basic Tackle and Fishing Knots - how to tie hooks and lures to line, creating a bobber/sinker/hook rig.
* Fish and Bait - types of fish and bait fish prefer.
* Learn to Cast - proper and safe way to cast your line.
* Fishing Regulations and Safety - knowing the rules and being safe while fishing make this an enjoyable sport.
* Ethics - why you should do the right things and know what the wrong things are as related to fishing.
- As each child goes to a station, they will be gathering items for their tackle box. Each child finishes the clinic with a tackle box of needed items.
- Each child attending the clinic must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is no charge to attend and participate in the clinic. Registration form signed by parent/guardian is required.
Hooked On Fishing Derby
- Registration for the Clinic includes registration for the Derby.
- Parents fishing with child do not need Texas Freshwater Fishing License for this event.
- Catch & Release ONLY
- Each child will receive a trophy.
- Use of bait and/or artificial lures are participants choice.
- Only one pole per person.
- Some bait, hooks, bobbers will be available.
- All teams must start at same time (on sound of horn), must fish in Lake Kyle and must finish at same time.
Pre-Registration Required - Limited Space
- Child must be age 6 or older at time of clinic or entering 1st grade in the Fall.
- Registration Deadline & Event Schedule:
- Registration open until spaces full for first time participants.
- Event Schedule - Saturday, June 4, 2016
- 7:00am - Park Opens
- 8:30am - Participant Check-in
- 9:00am - Fishing Clinic
- 10:00am - Fishing Derby
- 11:00am - Award presentation
What to bring
Sunscreen, hat, bug spray, close-end shoes or boots, camera, fishing gear as needed drinks & snacks.
Where is Lake Kyle
Park is on Lehman Road about 1/2 mile north of FM-150 E. Click here for map
Lake Kyle is a “Pet-Free” Park.
Please leave all animals at home.
Program subject to change without notice due to availability of instructors and sponsors.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow