Parks Master Plan 2016-2026
- Step 1 - Select a firm to develop the Master Plan. The Kyle Parks & Recreation Board reviewed many firms and recommended Halff Associates from Austin Texas.
- Step 2 - Appoint a Steering Committee to gather all the information, survey results, data, hold public meetings and make recommendations to City Council on the final version. These volunteers make up the Committee - Scott Stoker (Parks Board Chairman); Laddie Bordovsky (Parks Board Vice Chair); Tracey Scheel (Parks Board Member); Julie Rodiguez (Parks Board Member); David Nichols (Parks Board Member); Michael Rubsam (Planning & Zoning Member); Rhonda Cox (Citizen); and Shane Arabie (City Council Member)
- Step 3 - Conduct a Stakeholders meeting with key representatives from groups, organizations and institutions in the area. Over 30 invitations were sent and these meetings took place in March.
- Step 4 - Conduct a city-wide survey to gather input from the community. The goal from this 4 week process is to receive 1,500 responses. The survey is available through April.
- Step 5 - Hold a Public Meeting to gather more recommendations and prioritizations. This Open-House Public meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 13, 2016, from 6p-9p at Kyle City Hall.
- Step 6 - Steering Committee to review the final assessments, recommendations and priortizations and send a final draft to City Council for adoption. Current schedule for adoption is September 2016.
Parks Master Plan 2006-2016
Adopted by City Council on May 16, 2006, the City of Kyle Parks, Trails and Open Space Master Plan became a living document. The plan may be reviewed by going to the "Attachments" on this page.