This fishing tournament is open to all adults (18 AND OLDER) with a valid Texas Freshwater Fishing License.
This unique tournament will test your strategic ability to catch qualifying species of fish in Lake Kyle: Large-Mouth Bass, Sunfish/Perch and Channel Catfish.
The Grand Prize is really Grand: A 2-night stay in Rockport* and a guided fishing trip!**
Plus trophies and Door Prize chances. Also - a couple of jackpots - so bring some extra cash to the event.
100% of the proceeds from this tournament go to the Kid's Fishing Clinic & Derby and Lake Kyle Development.
$25 Registration with payment thru 5pm, Thursday, March 26, 2015.
$30 Registration with payment after 5pm, Thursday, March 26, 2015 or on-site. Must be cash and subject to available spaces.
Room for 150 participants in this tournament. No refunds after 4pm, Friday, March 27, 2015.
Saturday - March 28, 2015
6:30am - 7:25am - Parking: Park entrance is "Special Event/Maintenance" gate across from Masonwood Dr. Park gate closed till 11am.
7:00am - 7:25am - Pavilion: Check in, Late registration, show your Fishing License/pick up weight card & Purchase Jackpot chances
7:25am - (Sunrise) Amphitheater: Introduction, rules, welcome remarks and tournament "shotgun" start. Anyone not attending meeting or leaving amphitheater before the "start" will be disqualified.
11:00 - Tournament Ends. Scores Tallied and Awards Handed Out at the amphitheater at the conclusion of event. You should be home by 12 noon
· Participants will be issued a wristband and only those with wristbands will be permitted to fish in the lake during this tournament. When the horn sounds for all to start fishing, we start fishing.
· When a qualifying fish has been caught, participant must bring the live fish to the nearest tournament official. The official will record the fish species, record the time the first fish is caught and the points for the catch.
. Points will be awarded for Qualifying Fish Species (Large-Mouth Bass, Sunfish/Perch & Channel Catfish):
· The time the first qualifying fish weighing more than 1 pound was caught will be the tie breaker. All other ties will be coin flip.
· One Pole per person at a time, all fishing in Lake Kyle is from the bank only. No nets permitted.
· All battery and fuel-powered vehicles shall remain at designated parking area.
All participants will be placed in one of four flights for competition: Males and Females; 18 years old - 44 years old and 45 and over.
Grand Prize: Person with the most points overall, will receive a two-night stay in Rockport* and a guided fishing trip.**
Flight Champion Trophy: Person with the most points in each of the four Flights wins Champion trophy.
Flight Runner-Up and 3rd Place Trophies: Each Flight will have trophies to 3rd place.
Bring cash to the check-in. Half of all the money goes toward the Kid's Fishing Clinic & Derby, other half back to Jackpots.
· Largest Bass Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Largest bass wins 60% of Jackpot, Second largest wins 40% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first bass caught of the day.
· Longest Catfish Jackpot - $10 - participants enter themselves. Longest catfish wins 60% of Jackpot, Second longest wins 40% of Jackpot. Ties broken by time of very first catfish caught of the day.
· 50-50 Jackpot - $1/each or 6 for $5 - Drawing will be for 10% of Jackpot, 30% of Jackpot and 60% of Jackpot.
Based on Sponsors and Donations, all paid participants will be entered into door prize chances.
*2 Night Stay in Rockport awarded with at least 40 paid registrations or Title Sponsorship
**2 Night Stay & Guided Fishing Trip awarded with at least 70 paid registrations or Title Sponsorship
Sunday, March 29, 2015 - Same times
Registration for the Fishing Tournament must be completed online or through the PARD office at (512)262-3939
Click here to view Previous Winners & Lake Kyle Records